School Administrator/Receptionist x 2
37 hours per week, FTE £18,198 - £18,933 (Pro Rata £15,680 - £16,972) term time only plus training days
32.5 hours per week, FTE £15,984 -£16,630 (Pro Rata £13,773 - £14,908) term time only plus training days
Grade C (SCP 4-6)
January 2022 start (or as soon as possible)
‘Come and join our friendly, inclusive and rapidly developing school’
‘Governors and leaders care about staff workload and well-being. Staff feel supported by leaders and they appreciate the training they have received. Ofsted 2019
Here at Gladstone Road Primary school we provide a friendly and inspirational education setting for our staff and children. As a four-form entry primary school, you join the largest primary team (in the area) who will support and challenge you in your practice.
Set in the heart of Scarborough, we are very much an extension of local families and communities and we pride ourselves on being able to offer more than just ‘schooling’. Being part of #teamgladstone means you will be part of a forward thinking, evolving, individual school.
We welcomed our experienced Headteacher in January 2020 and over the last 18 months we have overhauled our curriculum, leadership structure, provision, and learning environments.
All key areas of school improvement are being tackled, and we have a committed, talented and cohesive staff, delightful children and strong and supportive Governors – all of us united to build a school we can all be proud of.
Following the well-deserved promotion of the current postholder we are looking to recruit into the post of School Administration/Receptionist.
You will be a dedicated and passionate colleague who will be ‘the face and voice’ of our wonderful school!
Working closely with our School Business Manager and Senior Administrators you will be the first point of contact for parents, children and all school visitors. With your passion for delivering great customer service, you will create a positive atmosphere and professional impression that reflects our core values and ethos.
The role is varied and fast paced and will involve not only working on our busy reception, but also dealing with a variety of administrative activities. The ability to prioritise effectively is a must, as are strong interpersonal and written communication skills.
Some of the typical work activities are as follows:
• Assisting with managing reception and provide hospitality when required for visitors or meetings;
• Assisting with any general enquiries received from parents or visitors by phone, email or in person;
• Providing an efficient administrative service supporting the smooth running of the school;
• Dealing with queries and contacting parents.
The 37 Hours a week post will have a focus on:
• Collating Dinners each morning to provide to the kitchen
• Ordering office supplies
• Managing the Facebook Page
• Providing basic First Aid
The 32.5 Hours a week post will have a focus on:
• Providing basic First Aid
• Writing letters for school trips and adding them on Parent Pay
• Ordering office supplies
This is an excellent opportunity for someone to become an integral part of our school, offering an excellent service within Gladstone Road School and to all its’ visitors
Our School Business Manager, Senior Administration Officers, and all our teachers and support staff will support you in your new role across school. Naturally being part of a very busy school office you will find no day is exactly the same!
We welcome interest from colleagues looking to develop further across all sectors (not just within education).
We can offer you:
• A school with a renewed focus who puts pastoral and nurture provision at its heart and an aspirational outlook for our children
• Happy, enthusiastic children who are thriving and have a thirst for learning
• An excellent opportunity for a support colleague to join our school at an exciting time
• The opportunity for training and development – both through within the school and access networks across the coast and the Yorkshire Coast Opportunity Area.
• School colleagues who will support you and make you proud to work in education and at Gladstone Road.
Join our school and make a real difference to our children and your career in an area that offers so much! To arrange a chat with our Business Manager please contact Garry on the details below.
The date of commencement for this post will be in January 2022 or asap. Interviews will be held on week commencing 6th December.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
For an informal conversation about the role, and for further details please contact Garry Morrison at Resourcing Solutions (North Yorkshire County Council) at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07814935700
Deadline for Receipt of Applications: 9am Thursday 2nd December
Please do not click apply on the NYCC jobs advert – this advert is for viewing only.
Our school is committed to safeguarding children; this post will require an enhanced DBS check and suitable references. Your motivation and suitability to work with children will be assessed at interview.
Applying for the job
Completed application forms to be sent to Garry Morrison
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.