Caedmon College Whitby / Whitby Sixth Form
Learning Support Assistant – GTA
Up to 32.5 hours per week – hours may vary.
Term time only
Grade C – points 2-4. £9.60 per hour. Wage dependent upon hours worked.
September 2022 Start
Caedmon College is an established, successful, popular and growing 11-18 community school situated in Whitby on the North Yorkshire Coast. As a school, we have very low staff turnover and high staff retention and our colleagues travel from areas such as Redcar, Guisborough, and Ryedale, as well as from Scarborough and Filey.
We have federated with Eskdale School, our neighbouring secondary school in Whitby. This is beginning to benefit our students and provide wider professional development opportunities for our staff. We are located on two sites about 5 minutes walking distance apart: our Normanby site hosts students in Y7-11; and post 16 students are based at the refurbished Whitby Sixth Form site.
· A ‘Good’ school in every area by Ofsted in February 2022 (Awaiting report).
· A school who works collaboratively with our fellow federated Whitby school – Eskdale School.
· A school where British values are at the heart of our curriculum – so that all our students leave school knowing how to conduct themselves in the wider world.
To work with teachers to support teaching and learning by working with individuals or small groups of students under the direction of teaching staff/the SENCo. To be responsible for some learning activities within the overall teaching plan, to support staff and students. May work in the classroom or appropriate location within the College, with access to support and guidance as required. The postholder may be asked to work across our Federation or in an area of our specialist provision, such as in our Alternative Provision facility, as directed by the SENCo.
We are looking for a LSA who:
- The post will involve the applicant providing one-to-one, small group and in-class support for students, under the direction of the class teacher and Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator.
- The postholder will be working with students who have a range of support needs, which may include physical, learning, emotional and behavioural.
- The successful candidate will have good literacy, numeracy and interpersonal skills and have experience of supporting and working with students with a range of additional learning needs.
- The successful candidate will have suitable experience of working in a school environment with students and will have an understanding of the importance of safeguarding children in a school setting.
What we offer:
· Access to our school and coastal specific CPD programmes which includes ECT’s, RQT and NPQML specific courses
· Access to the newly launched Chartered College of Teaching Hub – one of only 11 nationally
· Visible and supportive SLT so you can get on with teaching your subject to students who thrive within our climate for learning
· Tailored career pathways as you develop your teaching career with us.
We are proud to work alongside our eight other local secondary schools and we believe we have a unique opportunity for colleagues to grow, develop and thrive in their career as part of our coastal community. For more information on our Coastal Offer and how you can make a difference by teaching on the Yorkshire Coast please visit www.teachyc.co.uk
The date of commencement for this post will be September 2022. Interviews will be held as soon as possible after the closing date.
Closing date: Wednesday 31st August 2022, noon.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
For an informal conversation about the role, to arrange a conversation with our Principal (Jon Norden) and for an application form please contact Jo Robinson at Caedmon College Whitby at email@example.com or call 01947 602406
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.