Maternity Cover (1st October 2020 to initially July 2021)
MPS (NQT’s welcomed)
Here at Friarage Community Primary School we provide a nurturing, caring and inspirational education setting and due to our popularity our catchment area covers right across Scarborough town and beyond.
Our values and ethos of ‘together we can’ is firmly embedded and we are constantly told by visitors that our school has a real buzz about it. To be a teaching colleague at Friarage you have to be caring, nurturing and have the highest expectations for our wonderful children.
2019/2020 has been hugely exciting for our school and 2021/2022 will be even better. As the newest primary member of the Scalby Learning Trust we are working closely with our sister school Newby & Scalby Primary as we share learning and build a primary hub our coastal area can be proud of. With access to the Teaching School and the Teaching Alliance through our Trust we continue to rightly place staff development, training and resources at the heart of our journey
All key areas of school improvement are being tackled, and we have a committed, talented and cohesive staff, delightful children and strong and supportive Governors – all of us united to build a school we can all be proud of.
We are looking to appoint a talented teaching colleague to join us in Year 2 to cover maternity cover. This will start from the 1st October and will be initially until July 2021.
Through the support provided from within our Trust, and across our primary hub we will make sure you are given the support, tools and professional guidance needed for you to inspire your children to thrive.
We are looking for:
- A professional who has an engaging and dynamic style of teaching which fosters independence and resilience and inspires children to follow their interests and ambitions.
- Someone who has the drive and ambition to make sure our children achieve their very best, and has a developing record of raising standards for all children
- A teacher with a flair and passion for primary education who will embrace working and teaching within our ‘family’ – and bring new ideas and practices to engage both the children and the staff.
- An individual who will truly add value to the whole school and allow themselves to think outside of the box.
- An individual that can work well on their own, but know when to ask for help and seek guidance openly.
We can offer you:
- A warm, happy school where we value our community ethos and have a philosophy of treating each other with kindness and respect.
- Happy, enthusiastic and well behaved children who thrive in a safe and caring environment.
- A school at the very heart of the transformation that is taking place in our coastal area
- An opportunity for you to continue on your journey as a teaching professional – with the support, training and resources our school and Trust have to offer.
We are proud to work alongside our fellow primary and secondary communities and we believe we have a unique opportunity for colleagues to grow, develop and thrive in their career as part of our coastal community. For more information on our Coastal Offer and how you can make a difference by teaching on the Yorkshire Coast please visit www.teachyc.co.uk
The date of commencement for this post will be October 2020. Interviews will be held as soon as possible after the closing date.
Closing date: Tuesday 7th July at 9am.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
For an informal conversation about the role, to arrange a conversation and for an application pack please contact James Annetts at Resourcing Solutions (North Yorkshire County Council) at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01609 534939 / 07966261249.
Our school is committed to safeguarding children; this post will require an enhanced DBS check and suitable references. Your motivation and suitability to work with children will be assessed at interview.