Graham School - Teacher of English
MPS/UPS plus TLR available
(£4000 recruitment and retention and relocation reimbursement package of up to £8000 available for the right candidate)
Start date: September 2020
‘There are no great schools without great teachers’
‘Come and Grow your career at Graham School’
Graham School is an 11-16 school situated in Scarborough, which has just over 1000 students on roll. Scarborough is easily accessible and whilst many of our current staff are local, many also travel from York, Hull, Driffield and the surrounding areas.
We are a proud member of the Hope Learning Trust family of schools along with our coastal partner George Pindar School. As our new teaching colleague you will join a staff body that includes NQT’S, RQT’S and experienced professionals who with the tailored support from our Trust are making Graham a school our community can be proud of.
We are inclusive school with a healthy intake in Year 7 and we have the highest aspiration for our students to achieve their very best and grow both as individuals and as members of their community. The development of the whole child forms an integral part of our vision; we want the best for every student at Graham School irrespective of their background. We value honesty, high expectations and aspirations, resilience and we work together as #Team Graham.
As a colleague you will also join and work through our developing Maths hub with colleagues across our Trust which includes Manor C E Academy, Vale of York Academy, George Pindar School and Barlby High School. Our Director of Maths for the Trust provides weekly ongoing support to the department focusing on mentoring and developing our staff
We welcome interest from colleagues at all levels. Experienced colleagues and those in early career stages are welcome to apply, what is important is the ability to enthuse children with your passion for Maths
Overview and career development recruitment incentives:
- An opportunity to join a Maths team which has seen positive uplifts in 2019.
- Trust specific NQT/RQT programmes
- Tailored coaching programmes within our supportive and nurturing network – e.g. 3D coaching focusing on your ongoing teaching and learning
- Ongoing access to our NPQML/NPQSL professional programmes
- School to school support (SLE) external opportunities
- Friendly and caring schools where all stakeholders work together for the benefit of the children.
- A high level of support from staff and colleagues within the Hope Learning Trust
- Motivated, dedicated staff and a committed, active and supportive Trust Board.
- Improving schools which support pupils to aspire to the very best, with a broad and balanced curriculum offer, collaborative learning and a wide range of extra-curricular activities.
- A commitment to professional development and advancement opportunities within a growing MAT.
We are proud to be a coastal partner along with our fellow 8 secondary schools and we believe we have a unique opportunity for colleagues to grow, develop and thrive in their career as part of our coastal community. For more information on our Coastal Offer, Coastal Charter and how you can make a difference by teaching on the Yorkshire Coast please visit www.teachyc.co.uk
The date of commencement for this post will be September 2020 and the closing date for all applications is Wednesday 27th May at 12 noon. Interviews will be held on Friday 29th May 2020.
For an informal conversation and further details please contact James Annetts at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01609 534939 / 07966 261249.
Application details are also available from our school website (under vacancies)
Completed applications should be submitted by email to James.
Virtual Interviews will take place as soon as possible after the closing date.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, medical clearance satisfactory references and right to work checks.