Teacher of English (NQT’s welcomed) – Scarborough UTC
MPS/UPS (Recruitment and retention and relocation package of up to £8000 available for the right candidate)
‘With strong links to industry we deliver an innovative blend of technical, practical and academic learning – both to our staff and our students’
Scarborough UTC is a growing school (14-19 admitting up to 150 students in Year 10 and Year 12 each year) and we moved into our brand new building in September 2016. As a University Technical College we offer wide range of opportunities, that include Combined Cadet Force (CCF), which is delivered in partnership with the Navy, Cyber Security, engineering and project based learning and our flagship Career Development Programme for our Sixth Form students.
Being the coastal hub for engineering and physics and working closely in partnership with our coastal secondary schools and fellow University Technical Colleges across England we are ambitious, innovative and dedicated to the young people of Scarborough and surrounding coastal areas.
In 2018 we welcomed our new Principal and we have over hauled our finance, pastoral systems, curriculum and teaching and learning. We have built a staff team of key support and teaching practitioners who are proud to work at our University Technical College.
Our staff are our greatest resource and we have invested in both our teaching and support staff teams which has ensured that educational standards are improving strongly.
We are looking to appoint a teaching professional to join us as our new Teacher of English. This post is open to colleagues from within secondary and further education.
You will be joining an established team, under the leadership of the Director of English and you will have the opportunity to teach KS4 and KS5 English with smaller class sizes.
We are part of the North Yorkshire Opportunity Area that is prioritising improvements to numeracy and literacy outcomes, alongside a drive to recruit and retain high-quality, motivated teachers to the area. Teachers on the North Yorkshire Coast will have unique opportunities to engage in additional professional and leadership development through this programme, as well as access to fully-funded national professional qualifications.
We are looking for:
- A teacher with a passion for English language and literature.
- A skilled professional who has an engaging and dynamic style of teaching
- Someone who has the drive and ambition to make sure our students achieve their very best, and promotes academic excellence
- A teacher with a flair and passion for education who will embrace working and teaching in a University Technical College
We can offer you:
- Students who respect each other, have a thirst for learning new things and a staff culture which allows new members to thrive and develop.
- Opportunities to further develop your craft and a leadership team that will support your ideas and use college resources to help your career aspirations.
- A building and campus environment where staff tell us they ‘have tailored professional opportunities and are encouraged to play their part in our distributed leadership structure.
Join us and build a wonderful career in a college you are passionate about.
Please contact James on the details below.
We would love to chat with you about the post – please get in touch with James.
The date of commencement for this post will be September 2020.
Interviews will be held as soon as possible after the closing date.
Closing date: Wednesday 22nd April
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
For an informal conversation about the role, to arrange a visit and for an application pack please contact James Annetts at Resourcing Solutions (North Yorkshire County Council) at email@example.com or call 01609 534939 / 07966261249
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.