Start date: ASAP
Reporting to: Support Services Manager
Salary: Grade E: 37 hours per week (£19,171 - £19,945)
‘Serving others, growing together and living life to the full’Hope Learning Trust’s vision
Graham School is an 11-16 school situated in Scarborough, which has just over 1000 students on roll. Scarborough is easily accessible and whilst many of our current staff are local, many also travel from York, Hull, Driffield and the surrounding areas. We are a proud member of the Hope Learning Trust family of schools along with our coastal partner George Pindar School.
In this new role you will be joining a staff body made up of newly qualified and experienced colleagues. We are all working hard to make Graham a school our community can be proud of.We are an inclusive school with a healthy intake in Year 7 and we have the highest aspiration for our students to achieve their very best and grow both as individuals and as members of their community. The development of the whole child forms an integral part of our vision; we want the best for every student at Graham School irrespective of their background.
We value honesty, high expectations and aspirations, resilience and we work together as #Team Graham.
We are looking to appoint a skilled and proactive colleague to join our school support team as our IT Technician. You will provide high quality IT support and delivery to our staff and students in a role where no two days will be the same! By providing a ‘help desk’ function across school the role will include diagnosing hardware or software issues for Windows and server environments, maintain and service Wi-Fi networks, provide help and support with G Suite and support computer desktops, laptops, mobile phones.
We are looking for:
• Up to date technical knowledge of ICT, equipment, hardware and software applications
• NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in an ICT related subject and Level 2 Numeracy and Literacy
• Experience of using a range of ICT systems and solving a range of ICT related challenges.
Overview and career development recruitment incentives:
• An opportunity to join a school that is rapidly improving
• Trust specific NQT/RQT programmes
• Tailored coaching programmes within our supportive and nurturing network
• Friendly and caring schools where all stakeholders work together for the benefit of the children.
• A high level of support from staff and colleagues within the Hope Learning Trust
• Motivated, dedicated staff and a committed, active and supportive Trust Board.
• Improving schools which support pupils to aspire to the very best, with a broad and balanced curriculum offer, collaborative learning and a wide range of extra-curricular activities.
• A commitment to professional development and advancement opportunities within a growing MAT.
We are proud to be a coastal partner along with our fellow 8 secondary schools and we believe we have a unique opportunity for colleagues to grow, develop and thrive in their career as part of our coastal community.
For more information on our Coastal Offer, Coastal Charter and how you can make a difference by teaching on the Yorkshire Coast please visit www.teachyc.co.uk
The date of commencement for this post will be as soon as possible in September 2020 and the closing date for all applications is Monday 10th August 2020
For an application pack and an application form for all our roles please visit our website www.grahamschool.org and click on vacancies.
For an informal chat you are welcome to contact James at email@example.com or call 01609 534930 / 07966 261249
Please send your application back to James.
Virtual Interviews will take place as soon as possible after the closing date.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, medical clearance satisfactory references and right to work check