HLTA Sports Specialist - Gladstone Road Primary, Scarborough
HLTA Sports Specialist
Monday to Friday 1.30-3.30pm, term time only
Band F Fixed term to 31.8.2020
‘Additional funding for PE and Sports is ensuring a greater number of pupils participate in regular physical activities’ Ofsted
Here at Gladstone Road Primary School in Scarborough we are on a transformational journey and as the largest primary school (760 on roll) within North Yorkshire we focus on making sure our staff are developed and nurtured throughout their career with us.
Many of our support staff who have joined us initially on a part time or flexible contract have taken advantage of promoted posts and/or full time when they come up.
We are looking to appoint a colleague to become part of our core curriculum and support team by joining us as an additional HLTA Sports Specialist. While this is a part time role each day it is a varied role that will allow you to use your passion for sports, as well as utilising your developing skills in the classroom.
As we have limited facilities within our large school site, we have developed a strong partnership with Scarborough Rugby Club and as a result our children enjoy using the facilities at the Club and at the Raincliffe Site. The post is open to those who currently hold the HLTA status and/or NVQ Level 4 or equivalent sports coaching qualification.
- Have previous experience in this type of role or with children and young people in a primary setting.
- Be able to support in the delivery of high quality learning experiences for all pupils ·
- Have high expectations of learning and behaviour and inspire and motivate our children ·
- Be supportive, nurturing and understanding ·
- Seek to make learning exciting and a positive experience ·
- Work well as part of a team ·
- Demonstrate good communication skills both orally and in writing.
We can offer you:
- A warm, happy school where we value everyone and have a philosophy of kindness and support for each other Happy, enthusiastic and well-behaved children ·
- A school with exciting and attractive learning environments ·
- A leadership team who welcome fresh ideas and a sense of teamwork.
The date of commencement for this post will be as soon as possible with interviews being as soon as possible after the closing date. Closing date: Monday 18th November 2019 We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response.
All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
The application form and job descriptions are available to download from the NYCC advert or you can contact the school office on 01723 372566
Please return application forms to Caroline Sarney (School Business Manager) at email@example.com
Our school is committed to safeguarding children; this post will require an enhanced DBS check and suitable references. Your motivation and suitability to work with children will be assessed at interview.