|Location Lindhead School
£18,198 Per Annum Pro Rata
£18,933 Per Annum Pro Rata
Two General Teaching Assistants Required
Lindhead Primary School, Limestone Road, Burniston, Scarborough YO13 0DG
Post One: 19.5 hours per week over 3 days 8:30 – 3:30pm
Post Two: 19.5 hours per week over 3 days 8:30 – 3:30pm
Term Time Only Including Training Days
GTA Grade C (SCP 2 to 4)
Required as soon as possible for a fixed period to 26 July 2022
The Headteacher and Governors are looking to appoint two experienced, enthusiastic, caring and supportive Teaching Assistants to join our team in maintaining the ethos of nurturing, inspiring, challenging and motivating our children.
The successful candidate will:
· be expected to work flexibly across all Key Stages supporting individuals and small groups of children.
· have high aspirations both for themselves and our children
· have a passion for learning
· have a good level of literacy and numeracy skills
· be enthusiastic, motivated and hardworking
· have relevant experience of working with children, ideally in a school setting
· have an understanding of children’s differing needs
· have the ability to work in a team and use their own initiative
The role will involve:
· working under the direction of class teachers
· being responsible for some learning activities within the overall teaching plan
· supporting class teachers with display boards, admin tasks and photocopying
· being efficient and effective with record keeping and reporting
· dealing with minor first aid incidents
· complying with policies relating to safeguarding and child protection
· communicating effectively with staff, governors, pupils, their families and other agencies or professionals
In return we can offer you:
· a welcoming and caring school where children are happy and confident learners
· a supportive, professional and motivated staff team
· the opportunity to make a real difference to children’s learning
· a workplace set in amazing grounds with lots of open spaces
· full NYCC benefits and pension
Please send completed applications via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Lindhead School.
Closing Date: 31st October 2021
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
As part of the safeguarding recruitment process, an Enhanced Level Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) is required for appointment prior to starting this post. The NYCC DBS provides employers with information from the police and appropriate barred lists to help determine the suitability of an applicant to work in a post that involves working with children or vulnerable groups. References will be requested prior to interview.
North Yorkshire County Council (NYCC) advertise vacancies on behalf of schools and external organisations (third parties) in North Yorkshire. NYCC are not responsible for the recruitment/employment practices of third parties and accept no liability in relation to the vacancy and any subsequent recruitment/employment processes. Enquiries regarding the vacancy or practices should be made directly with the third party