Location George Pindar School
General Teaching Assistant (GTA)
Location: George Pindar School, Scarborough
25 hours per week, term time only
Grade C, (Scale Points 2-4), £17,711 - £18,426 FTE
Start date: September 2020
One year fixed term initially
‘Come and be #proudtobepindar’
George Pindar School is an 11-16 secondary situated in Scarborough and we are a community school where our colleagues are #proudtobepindar. We are a school with low staff turnover, high staff satisfaction and we are looking positively to the future. We are within commutable distance from Filey, Driffield, Malton and York.
We are a proud member of the Hope Learning Trust family of schools along with our coastal partner Graham School. You will join a committed staff body, who with the tailored support from our Trust are making George Pindar a school our community can be proud of.
We are an inclusive school with a healthy intake in Year 7 and we have the highest aspirations for our students to achieve their very best and grow both as individuals and as members of their community. The development of the whole child forms an integral part of our vision; we want the best for every student at George Pindar School irrespective of their background. We value honesty, high aspirations, mutual respect and resilience. We work together as #TeamGPS to ensure that every member of our community can strive for success.
Providing the very best pastoral support alongside high quality teaching and learning to all our students is firmly embedded at George Pindar School. Through the learning and career pathways our staff are able to access through our Trust we know that as a colleague you will be able to grow your career at our school.
As a result of internal promotion from September we are looking to appoint into the following key support position:
General Teaching Assistant 25 hours, term time only (Grade C – 2-4 £17,711 - £18,426 FTE)
You will play a key role in helping to support pupils both on a one to basis, and in small groups. We encourage interest and applications from candidates who are interested in and would thrive in working in secondary education which offers reward, challenge and where no two days are the same.
- Ideally have previous experience in this type of role or with children and young people
- Be able to support in the delivery of high quality learning experiences for all pupils
- Have high expectations of learning and behaviour and inspire and motivate our children
- Be supportive, nurturing and understanding with high expectations.
- Seek to make learning exciting and a positive experience
- Work well as part of a team
- Demonstrate good communication skills both orally and written
Our Trust is part of the highly successful Ebor Hope Teaching Alliance which in partnership with York St John University is teacher training provider. Many of our teachers are ‘home grown’ and have benefited from gaining classroom experience as part of their support roles.
Overview and career development recruitment incentives:
- An opportunity to join a school that is rapidly improving
- Tailored coaching programmes within our supportive and nurturing network
- Bespoke training packages for support staff
- Friendly and caring schools where all stakeholders work together for the benefit of the children
- A high level of support from staff and colleagues within the Hope Learning Trust
- Motivated, dedicated staff and a committed, active and supportive Trust Board
- Improving schools which support students to aspire to the very best, with a broad and balanced curriculum offer, collaborative learning and a wide range of extra-curricular activities
- A commitment to professional development and advancement opportunities within a growing MAT
We are proud to be a coastal partner along with our fellow 8 secondary schools and we believe we have a unique opportunity for colleagues to grow, develop and thrive in their career as part of our coastal community. For more information on our Coastal Offer, Coastal Charter and how you can make a difference by teaching on the Yorkshire Coast please visit www.teachyc.co.uk
The date of commencement for this post will be as soon as possible in September 2020 and the closing date for all applications is Friday 7th August 2020
For an application pack and an application form for all our roles please visit our website http://georgepindarschool.org/ and click on vacancies.
For an informal chat you are welcome to contact James at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01609 534930 / 07966 261249 Please send your application back to James.
Virtual Interviews will take place as soon as possible after the closing date and during the school holidays.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, medical clearance satisfactory references and right to work checks.