Business Manager (West Cliff Primary School)
37 hours per week, term time only plus training days
Grade F (SCP 8 – 13) £20,493 - £22,627 FTE (Actual salary £17,458 on SCP8)
‘New members of staff are quickly coached into the school’s way of doing things and are given first-class support from senior colleagues’ Ofsted 2013
Here at West Cliff Primary School we are a leading school in our area and we are proud to take our wonderful children from the West, Centre and surrounding areas around Whitby. We are a founding member of a group of schools (Airy Hill, Glaisdale, Leaholm, Castleton and Glaisdale) in Whitby, known as the Yorkshire Endeavour Academy Trust (YEAT).
YEAT is also a designated ‘English Hub’, which delivers excellence in early language and phonics teaching in reception and KS1. The learning environment and education provision that we offer to our 210 children on roll are second to none. Our teachers benefit from a team of highly skilled Teaching Assistants that play an important part in school life. Life at our school is calm, purposeful and enjoyable.
Following the well-deserved retirement of the current secretary we are looking to recruit into the newly created post of School Business Manager. The successful applicant will be the face and voice of our West Cliff Family (alongside our part time secretary) and support the Headteacher (who is also the CEO of the Trust).
The key duties will be in the areas of day to day running of the office, resources, facilities (including health and safety) and finance. This is a fantastic opportunity for an astute and highly motivated colleague to join our school administration team. This role will appeal to prospective colleagues looking for further development in a school support role, or of someone who is interested in working within education.
We understand that no one is a finished article and you may not have experience in all the areas we are looking for (finance, resources and facilities/health and safety). It is essential you have experience in at least one of these areas. Our Headteacher/CEO, School Secretary and Attendance officer, ICT technician and all teachers and support staff across school, will support you in your new role.
Naturally being part of a very busy school office you will find no day is exactly the same! We welcome interest from colleagues looking to develop further across all sectors (not just education).
You will: (please refer to the JD/PS)
- Answer the phone, greet parents and children – always with kindness and nurture.
- Support our Headteacher with lettings, invoices, and supporting with all health & safety matters including preparing for reviews, day to day monitoring of premises, risk assessments etc.
- Support with the organisation of all school trips, both residential and day visits.
- Administer the day to day finances of the school including processing orders for all resources and arranging payments of invoices with the central trust office.
- Work closely with other admin colleagues in other Trust schools and the Trust CFO.
- Have respect for confidentiality and the ability to work under pressure and prioritise their time effectively.
- Have excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Have experience of working in a school or office/administrative environment.
We can offer you:
- A happy and creative school who puts pastoral and nurture provision at its heart and an aspirational outlook for our children.
- Happy, enthusiastic children who are thriving and have a thirst for learning.
- Supportive parents who are keen to be involved in school life.
- An excellent opportunity for a colleague to join our school at an exciting time.
- The opportunity for training and development – both within the school and the Trust ,and access to finance networks across the coast and the Yorkshire Coast Opportunity Area.
- School colleagues who will support you and make you proud to work in education and at West Cliff.
Join us and build a wonderful career in a school you are passionate about. Please contact James on the details below. We strongly recommend that you visit us so that we can share with you why we are so proud of our school, and you will get a chance to see what we have to offer.
The date of commencement for this post will be as soon as possible in June 2021. Interviews will be held week commencing Monday 24th May. Closing date: Friday 14th May 2021 at 9am.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
For an informal conversation about the role, to arrange a visit and for an application pack please contact James Annetts at Resourcing Solutions (North Yorkshire County Council) at email@example.com or call 01609 534939 / 07966261249
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.