37 hours per week, term time only plus 3 weeks
Grade L £32,6332 - £37,708 depending on experience and length of service.
December/January 2021 start
‘Come and join our friendly, inclusive and rapidly developing school’
‘Governors and leaders care about staff workload and well-being. Staff feel supported by leaders and they appreciate the training they have received Ofsted 2019
Here at Gladstone Road Primary school we provide a friendly and inspirational education setting for our staff and children. As a four form entry primary school, you join the largest primary team (in the area) who will support and challenge you in your practice.
Set in the heart of Scarborough, we are very much an extension of local families and communities and we pride ourselves on being able to offer more than just ‘schooling’. Being part of #teamgladstone means you will be part of a forward thinking, evolving, individual school.
We welcomed our experienced Headteacher in January 2020 and over the last 18 months we have overhauled our curriculum, leadership structure, provision, and learning environments.
All key areas of school improvement are being tackled, and we have a committed, talented and cohesive staff, delightful children and strong and supportive Governors – all of us united to build a school we can be proud of.
We are looking to appoint a talented professional to join the school as our new Business Manager and help lead our support services and finance functions. The role of a school business manager has evolved over the years into one where you can make a huge difference to our children by ensuring our school resources, buildings, health and safety and the services we buy into are all providing value for money – essential for our teachers and staff to thrive and our children to learn and feel safe in school. You will also be the lead professional as our Educational Visits Coordinator.
A Business Manager in today’s education world has to wear many hats and we actively welcome interest not just from experienced colleagues within education but those with a strong financial and business background from other sectors.
As a large four form primary school you will be supported in your new role by our Head Teacher, Senior Leadership Team and all our teachers and support staff across school. You will manage the office team which consists of two Senior Administration Officers (one with the focus of Pupils and Staffing and the other who will support you with Finance, Premises and Health and Safety), and an Administration Officer. Naturally, leading and being part of a very busy school office, you will find no day is exactly the same!
We understand that no one is a finished article and you may not have experience in all the areas we are looking for (resources and facilities/health and safety, traded service). It is essential you have experience within finance from your current and/or previous roles.
What we are looking for in our successful Business Manager
- A qualification such as the Diploma of School Business Management (or equivalent), and extensive on the job experience within a financial, management and leadership role.
- Developed leadership skills (strategic planning, effective line management competency, visibility, initiative, proactive approach, and a hands on approach to team support)
- Proven experience of financial management, including providing management information, scenario planning, responding to audits.
- Strong IT and organisational skills (reviewing business processes, streamlining systems, using new technology to improve operations).
- Ideally knowledge and experience of funding streams within education or a similar field
- Have respect for confidentiality and the ability to work under pressure and prioritise their time effectively.
- Have excellent communication and organisational skills
- Have experience of working in a school or office/administrative environment.
We can offer you:
- A school with a renewed focus who puts pastoral and nurture provision at its heart and an aspirational outlook for our children
- Happy, enthusiastic children who are thriving and have a thirst for learning
- An excellent opportunity for a support colleague to join our school at an exciting time
- The opportunity for training and development – both through within the school and access to finance networks across the coast and the Yorkshire Coast Opportunity Area.
- School colleagues who will support you and make you proud to work in education and at Gladstone Road.
Join our school and make a real difference to our children and your career in an area that offers so much! To arrange a chat please contact Garry on the details below.
The date of commencement for this post will be in December 2021 or January 2022 (depending on notice periods). Interviews will be held on 8th November.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
For an informal conversation about the role, to arrange a visit or for an Application Form please contact Garry Morrison at Resourcing Solutions (North Yorkshire County Council) at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07814935700
We can offer the following visits where you will get to see our school and meet/chat with our Business Manager (Caroline Sarney)18th October at 4pm/ 19th October at 2pm/ 20th October at 4pm
Deadline for Receipt of Applications: 9am Monday 1st November 2021
Interviews: Monday 8th November 2021
Please do not click apply on the NYCC jobs advert – this advert is for viewing only.
Our school is committed to safeguarding children; this post will require an enhanced DBS check and suitable references. Your motivation and suitability to work with children will be assessed at interview.