Start date: September 2020
All roles are fixed term initially for one year
‘Come and Grow your career at Graham School’
Graham School is an 11-16 school situated in Scarborough, which has just over 1000 students on roll. Scarborough is easily accessible and whilst many of our current staff are local, many also travel from York, Hull, Driffield and the surrounding areas.
We are a proud member of the Hope Learning Trust family of schools along with our coastal partner George Pindar School. As our new colleague you will join a staff body, who with the tailored support from our Trust are making Graham a school our community can be proud of.
We are inclusive school with a healthy intake in Year 7 and we have the highest aspiration for our students to achieve their very best and grow both as individuals and as members of their community. The development of the whole child forms an integral part of our vision; we want the best for every student at Graham School irrespective of their background. We value honesty, high expectations and aspirations, resilience and we work together as #Team Graham.
Providing the very best pastoral support alongside the highest expectations and high quality teaching and learning to all our students is firmly embedded at Graham School. Through the learning and career pathways our staff are able to access through our Trust we know that as a colleague you will be able to #growyourcareer at our school.
From September we are looking to appoint into a number of key support positions.
Behaviour Support Worker
37 hours, term time only (Grade F – 8-13 £19,945 - £22,021 FTE)
As a Behaviour Support Worker you will work with a designated year group and with the appropriate Director of Progress (Head of Year). You will support individual and small groups of students with interventions, holistic support and restorative approaches which will help their attitudes to learning.
Our Trust is part of the highly successful Ebor Hope Teaching Alliance which in partnership with York St John University is teacher training provider. Many of our teachers are ‘home grown’ and have benefited from gaining classroom experience as part of the Cover Supervisor role.
- Ideally have previous experience in this type of role or with children and young people
- Be able to support in the delivery of high quality learning experiences for all pupils
- Have high expectations of learning and behaviour and inspire and motivate our children
- Be supportive, nurturing and understanding with high expectations.
- Seek to make learning exciting and a positive experience
- Work well as part of a team
- Demonstrate good communication skills both orally and written
We welcome interest from colleagues at all levels.
Overview and career development recruitment incentives:
- An opportunity to join a school that is rapidly improving
- Trust specific NQT/RQT programmes
- Tailored coaching programmes within our supportive and nurturing network
- Friendly and caring schools where all stakeholders work together for the benefit of the children.
- A high level of support from staff and colleagues within the Hope Learning Trust
- Motivated, dedicated staff and a committed, active and supportive Trust Board.
- Improving schools which support pupils to aspire to the very best, with a broad and balanced curriculum offer, collaborative learning and a wide range of extra-curricular activities.
- A commitment to professional development and advancement opportunities within a growing MAT.
We are proud to be a coastal partner along with our fellow 8 secondary schools and we believe we have a unique opportunity for colleagues to grow, develop and thrive in their career as part of our coastal community. For more information on our Coastal Offer, Coastal Charter and how you can make a difference by teaching on the Yorkshire Coast please visit www.teachyc.co.uk
The date of commencement for these posts will be September 2020 and the closing date for all applications is Monday 29th June at 9am.
For an application pack and an application form for all roles please visit our website www.grahamschool.org and click on vacancies.
For an informal chat you are welcome to contact James at email@example.com or call 01609 534930 / 07966 261249
Please send your application back to James.
Virtual Interviews will take place as soon as possible after the closing date.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, medical clearance satisfactory references and right to work checks.