Advanced Teaching Assistant (ATA)
Location Scarborough, Friarage Community Primary School
Grade D term time only
Grade D term time only
Temporary fixed term initially from September 2020 until January 2021
17.25 hours per week (3 days per week)
Here at Friarage Community Primary School we provide a nurturing, caring and inspirational education setting and due to our popularity our catchment area covers right across Scarborough town and beyond. Our values and ethos of ‘together we can’ is firmly embedded and we are constantly told by visitors that our school has a real buzz about it. To be a colleague at Friarage you have to be caring, nurturing and have the highest expectations for our wonderful children.
2019/2020 has been hugely exciting for our school and 2021/2022 will be even better. As the newest primary member of the Scalby Learning Trust we are working closely with our sister school Newby & Scalby Primary as we share learning and build a primary hub our coastal area can be proud of. All key areas of school improvement are being tackled, and we have a committed, talented and cohesive staff, delightful children and strong and supportive Governors – all of us united to build a school we can all be proud of.
Friarage School looking to appoint a dedicated ATA from September 2020. The successful candidate will primarily deliver a speech and language assessment and intervention programme. This is initially as fixed term part time post from September 2020 until January 2021.
- Using an online tool to assess and deliver a speech and language intervention programme
- Working with key staff to support the pupils
- Relevant NVQ Level 3 or equivalent
- Passion and enthusiasm for working with children
- Good teaching skills and behaviour management strategies
- Show initiative and flexibility
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven experience within a similar position
- Current DBS on the update service or willing to complete a new DBS
We can offer you:
- A warm, happy school where we value our community ethos and have a philosophy of treating each other with kindness and respect
- Happy, enthusiastic and well behaved children who thrive in a safe and caring environment
- A school at the very heart of the transformation that is taking place in our coastal area
- An opportunity for you to continue on your journey as a support professional – with the support, training and resources our school and Trust have to offer
The date of commencement for this post will be as soon as possible in September 2020. Interviews will be held as soon as possible after the closing date.
Closing date: Tuesday 1st September at 9am
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
For full application details please download these from the NYCC jobs advert or from our school website. Completed applications need to be returned ideally via email to Caroline Brader (Office manager) at email@example.com
Please do not click apply on the NYCC jobs advert – this advert is for viewing only. Our school is committed to safeguarding children; this post will require an enhanced DBS check and suitable references. Your motivation and suitability to work with children will be assessed at interview.